Are you a fan of war games? If so, you may have already heard of World of Tanks. World of Tanks is a massively multiplayer online game that takes players into the world of armored combat. In this game, players can choose from a wide range of tanks from different countries and time periods and battle against other players in team-based battles.
If you’re new to World of Tanks, it can be overwhelming at first. There are a lot of tanks to choose from, and the gameplay can be intense. However, with the right guidance, you can quickly become a pro at this exciting game. In this article, we’ll take a deep dive into the world of tanks and provide a beginner’s guide to get you started.
What is World of Tanks?
World of Tanks is an online multiplayer game developed and published by Wargaming, a Belarusian game developer. The game was released in 2010 and has since become one of the most popular free-to-play games on the market. World of Tanks is available on PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, and mobile devices.
In World of Tanks, players take control of a tank and engage in team-based battles against other players. The game features tanks from various nations, including the United States, Germany, the Soviet Union, France, China, and the United Kingdom. Tanks are divided into different classes, including light tanks, medium tanks, heavy tanks, tank destroyers, and artillery.
World of Tanks is a team-based game where players work together to destroy the enemy team’s tanks or capture their base. Players can choose from several game modes, including Standard Battle, Encounter Battle, Assault, and Grand Battles. In Standard Battle mode, teams fight to destroy all enemy tanks, while in Encounter Battle mode, one team must capture the other team’s base. In Assault mode, one team defends their base while the other team tries to capture it. Grand Battles are large-scale battles where multiple teams fight for control of a large map.
When a player first enters a battle, they are presented with a top-down view of the map. The player must navigate their tank through the terrain, avoiding obstacles and enemy fire. Each tank has a health bar, and if it reaches zero, the tank is destroyed. Players can also repair their tanks if they are damaged or stuck.
To win a battle, players must work together to destroy the enemy tanks or capture their base. Communication is essential in World of Tanks, and players can use in-game chat or voice chat to coordinate their actions.
Choosing a Tank
Before you start playing World of Tanks, you’ll need to choose a tank. The game features tanks from various nations and time periods, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. When choosing a tank, consider your play style and the type of battles you’ll be participating in.
There are several classes of tanks to choose from, including:
- Light Tanks: Light tanks are fast and maneuverable and are best suited for scouting and flanking.
- Medium Tanks: Medium tanks are versatile and can be used in a variety of roles, including scouting, flanking, and support.
- Heavy Tanks: Heavy tanks are heavily armored and are best suited for absorbing damage and pushing through enemy lines.
- Tank Destroyers: Tank destroyers are heavily armed and can take out enemy tanks from a distance.
- Artillery: Artillery tanks are long-range support tanks that can rain down shells on enemy tanks from a distance.
Each tank has its own set of strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to choose a tank that fits your play style. If you like to move quickly and flank your enemies, a light or medium tank might be the best choice for you. If you prefer to be on the front lines and absorb
damage, a heavy tank might be more your style. If you enjoy taking out enemy tanks from a distance, a tank destroyer or artillery tank might be the way to go.
It’s also important to consider the nation and time period of the tank you choose. Tanks from different nations have different characteristics, and some tanks are better suited for certain battle types than others. For example, Soviet tanks are known for their strong armor and high damage output, while American tanks are more versatile and can adapt to different situations.
Upgrading Your Tank
As you play World of Tanks, you’ll earn experience points and credits that you can use to upgrade your tank. Upgrades can include better guns, improved armor, and more powerful engines. It’s important to upgrade your tank regularly to stay competitive in battle.
You can also research new tanks as you progress through the game. Researching a new tank allows you to purchase it and add it to your garage. Each tank has its own set of upgrades that you can research and purchase.
It’s important to balance your upgrades and research. Upgrading your tank is essential for staying competitive in battle, but you also want to research new tanks to expand your options and stay ahead of the game.
Sink or Swim| Mastering the World of Warships Game
World of Warships| The best Warships Battle Game
Tips for Success
Here are a few tips to help you succeed in World of Tanks:
- Stay aware of your surroundings: Pay attention to the terrain and the positions of enemy tanks. Use cover to hide from enemy fire and avoid exposing your weak spots.
- Communicate with your team: Communication is key in World of Tanks. Use in-game chat or voice chat to coordinate with your team and plan your attacks.
- Choose your battles wisely: Don’t rush into battle without a plan. Assess the situation and choose your battles carefully. Sometimes it’s better to retreat and regroup than to charge headfirst into a fight you can’t win.
- Know your tank’s strengths and weaknesses: Each tank has its own set of strengths and weaknesses. Know what your tank is good at and play to its strengths.
- Upgrade your tank regularly: Upgrading your tank is essential for staying competitive in battle. Make sure to upgrade your tank regularly and research new tanks to expand your options.
- Practice, practice, practice: The more you play World of Tanks, the better you’ll get. Practice your aim, learn the maps, and experiment with different tanks and play styles.
World of Tanks is an exciting and challenging game that can take some time to master. By choosing the right tank, upgrading regularly, and practicing your skills, you can become a pro in no time. Remember to communicate with your team, choose your battles wisely, and know your tank’s strengths and weaknesses. With these tips and a little patience, you’ll be a tank commander in no time.