If you are a frequent user of Amazon, you must have used Amazon Prime, or else you are missing something crucial since you should have saved much on your spending benefiting its features.
Amazon Prime was introduced on 2nd February 2005 as a paid subscription service granting users access to services that would otherwise be unavailable, or cost extra, to a usual Amazon customer. Those added offers include free deliveries, free music, and video streaming, and others that we are to talk in detail.
Amazon Prime is available worldwide though not all offers might be available everywhere. It has reached over 150 million subscribers as of January 2020.
For Simplicity, We divided Amazon Prime benefits into sections. Let’s dive in:
Amazon Prime Shipping benefits
By subscribing to Amazon Prime you are entitled to the following offers:
Free 2-day Shipping, free same-day delivery, free 2-hour delivery on thousands of items, free release-date delivery on eligible pre-ordered products, free no-rush shipping which let you earn future rewards in case you don’t need your prime order at the current time, and amazon day which let you choose one weekly delivery day for all of the items you bought the whole week.
Amazon Prime gives you access to:
Unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes, access to Amazon channels which you can watch your favorite shows and movies from HBO, SHOWTIME and STARZ channels with no cable required, Prime music offering unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and over 2 million songs, Amazon music unlimited and twitch Prime which gives you a free Twitch channel subscription every month.
Shopping benefits include:
- Whole Foods Market gives access to exclusive savings, 5% back for Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Card, and 2-hour delivery.
- Amazon 4-star and Amazon Books Stores
- Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature Card in which you earn 5% back every day on all Amazon purchases, in addition to rewards everywhere else you shop.
- Amazon Prime Store Card where you can get 5% back every day on Amazon purchases and access to exclusive financing offers.
- Amazon Dash for Prime which let you never run out of your favorite products
- Amazon Fresh: you get fast and FREE grocery delivery on a wide selection of groceries including meat, seafood, produce, snacks, and household essentials, with options for fast one- and two-hour delivery windows of course in some regions.
- Prime Wardrobe is a prime-exclusive program where you can try before you buy from eligible items across women’s, men’s, kids’, and baby clothing, shoes, and accessories. You get seven days to try on the items at home and only be charged for the items you decide to keep.
- Prime Pantry: shop for groceries and household products in everyday sizes, and get shipped separately from Amazon for a fee of only $5.99 per order. You also get free delivery on Prime Pantry orders of $35 or more.
- Personal Shopper by Prime Wardrobe: where you pay an additional monthly membership fee to receive a monthly styling service.
- Deals and Discounts, Compliments of Amazon Family include up to 20% off diapers, baby food, and more through Subscribe & Save and 15% off eligible products from your baby registry.
- Prime Early Access gets you a 30-minute early access to lightning deals on Amazon
- Amazon Elements give you access to Amazon Elements products, Amazon’s own line of everyday essentials.
Reading benefits are:
- Prime Reading let you borrow books, magazines, and more from the Prime Reading catalog and read them on your Fire tablet, Kindle e-reader, or Kindle reading apps for iOS and Android.
- Amazon First Reads which is early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Amazon First Reads picks.
Other Amazon Prime benefits include:
- Membership Sharing in which 2 adults living in the same household can create an Amazon Household to share certain Amazon Prime benefits.
- Amazon Photos to secure unlimited photo storage and enhanced search and organization features in Amazon Drive for you and the members of your Family Vault.
Who doesn’t like saving a portion of his expenses? Subscribe to Amazon prime and it will be your trusted partner on this. Amazon Prime costs only $12.99 per month. What’s best, is you are offered a one-month free trial and a reduction of membership fees for certain groups like students. Just try it and see.