There are many reasons you may need to delete all of your Google search History. Doing this is more than keeping your past searching history from your spouse, your boss, your parents or your supervisor as there is also an option of using incognito on Chrome and a private window on Safari.
Erasing your Google search history will help you to remove all the data that Shady characters could use. As people change and tastes evolve, deleting your outdated history is like giving your YouTube, Google Play or Google podcast recommendations a refresh based on your current interests so that you get up-to-date content (and ad) curation.
Even after you delete your search history regularly, Google will still maintain data on much of your history but at least you will be sure that none of your searches will ever be openly displayed on your computer or mobile device. So the following paragraphs explain more on how to delete your Google search history on your Google Chrome on Your PC, Android or iOS device.
How to delete Google Search History on Google Chrome?
If you use Google Chrome on your computer, you should follow the following steps to delete your search history:
- Open Google Chrome browser on your personal computer or desktop.
- Select the three vertical dots in the upper right corner of the browser.
- Select History from the drop-down menu, then select history from the submenu.
- Then to clear all your search history from a specific time and the present, select clear browsing data on the left side of the screen. You may need to clear individual search items, you go back to the History tab and scroll through your search items or just use the search history field at the top to find the item you want to clear.
- Select the time range drop-down menu and choose all-time menu to clear your history. You can optionally clear the checkboxes next to items you want to keep.
- Select clear data
- Select the three vertical dots to the right of an item you want to clear, then choose remove from history.
Also Read: Netsuite| A worldwide trusted business management software
On your iPhone& iPad, to clear your Google search history you can follow these steps:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Chrome app
- At the bottom right, tap more…History
- At the bottom, tap clear browsing history.
- Check browsing history. It may be checked by default
- Uncheck any other items you don’t want to delete
- Tap Clear browsing history
- At the top right, tap done.
On your Android device, follow the following steps to clear your Google search history on Chrome:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app
- At the top right, tap more…History, if your address bar is at the bottom, you just need to swipe up on the address bar, then tap History
- Tap clear browsing data
- Next to “Time range”, select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, tap All time.
- Check “Browsing history”. Uncheck any other data you don’t want to delete.
- Tap Clear data.